Thank you to all who attended this past evening's meeting, offered your time, and so many insightful thoughts and ideas.
This past evening as planned we talked about the 2018 - 2019 ministerial year in very broad terms, and worked to solve a few key issues.
- Scheduling Weekly Ministry Meetings
- Scheduling Monthly Events and Activities
- How will weekly ministry meetings and monthly events serve the life of our community
- We will finalize our 2018 - 2019 Youth Ministry Calendar by August 1, 2018
- The calendar will be made available online, distributed via email (along with monthly and weekly event reminders), and published in the weekly and monthly bulletins.
- If an event is to be canceled it will be canceled a month in advance; inclement weather will be monitored for cancellations as appropriate. Cancellation notifications will go out through all channels (email, social, etc).
Additionally, we had a number of great takeaways from our conversation:
- We need to be mindful of how we plan "low maintenance" and "high maintenance" events
- We received a lot of feedback stating that there was an interest in having events that families and kids could "roll into" that did not demand a lot of preparation.
- Related: We also discussed having more "series" based events where we would invite speakers or organize activities on topics.
- Our calendar needs to be more evenly distributed in terms of family events (i.e. Fall is packed, and Spring is very thin)
- We need more GOYA and teenager oriented activities outside of regular weekly meetings
- Events and event attendance will be organized through Sign Up Genius so that attendance can be better gauged, we can automatically remind attendees, and responsibilities or activities can be signed up for more easily.
Interested in joining the conversation, please contact Fr. Nick!