Our next meeting is Thursday, June 14th from 7-8:30 PM. For those of you who are not able to make it to the church, we will set up a video conference so that you are able to join remotely, if you would like. If you are not able to attend, please send any thoughts or ideas you have, and we will incorporate them into the meeting agenda.
This next meeting will be to plan our youth calendar for 2018-2019. For the calendar we want to bear a few, basic guidelines in mind (these are based off survey findings and Family YM Forum discussion):
1) Less is more - we want to do a few things well
2) We need to document what we do. We want to build institutional memory so that we can pass on what we learn and do to future generations.
3) We need to think not just about youth, but families and parents.
Some suggestions we received last meeting for family and parent events are:
1) Family Potluck Dinner - Fall and Lenten
2) Parent Evening - Open up opportunities to discuss contemporary social issues parents are facing in raising their children, and workshop/discuss these issues and a faith-based response.
3) Summer Programming